Hiring a Full Time Baker
Fry Family Farm is a diversified organic vegetable farm providing healthy food for the community.
Position description: The Farm Store offers pies, baked goods, jams, specialty sauces, pickled vegetables and fermented items prepared in the on-farm commercial kitchen using recipes that have been in our family for generations. The Baker supports the kitchen manager in crafting artisanal offerings for The Farm Store, special events and offsite markets.
- Candidates must be available to work full time, mornings and weekends; including holidays
- Able to lift 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time
- Exceptional hygiene and grooming habits
- Essential hand/eye coordination
- Ability to take direction and follow verbal instructions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work fast, effectively and stay focused under pressure
- Must be reliable, punctual and have reliable transportation
- Compliance with food safety and temperature standards
- Oregon Food Handler Card or willing to obtain
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Sorting, washing, peeling, chopping, etc of farm fresh produce
- Mix and bake ingredients to produce breads, rolls, cookies, cakes, pies, pastries, or other baked goods.
- Adhere to directions to ensure all items are consistently presented
- Ensure cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of kitchen work areas, coolers, and storage
- Assists co-workers with anything that is necessary or requested
- Promptly report equipment and food quality problems or product shortages to lead cook and kitchen manager
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the lead cook and kitchen manager
Skills and competencies
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Ability to read recipes and measurements
- General knowledge of basic kitchen practices, knife skills, protocols, and procedures
- Canning and fermenting experience preferred, not required
Starting hourly wage: $12.00 plus discounts on produce
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
- Send a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications, resume and three references to kitchen manager at: email@example.com
- Please put the position title in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Please do not call or come by Fry Family Farm. Please do not inquire at Fry Family Farm market booths.