The Farm Store Is Hiring!
The Farm Store at Fry Family Farm
Retail store clerk – full-time
Starting: mid – February
About Fry Family Farm
Fry Family Farm is a diversified organic vegetable farm providing healthy food for the community.
The Farm Store at Fry Family Farm features local seasonal organic vegetables, fruits, plants, and flowers. We offer pies, baked goods, jams, specialty sauces, pickled vegetables and fermented items using recipes that have been in our family for generations. We carry eggs, cheese and wine from nearby and an ever-changing selection of alluring plants, gifts, and household goods.
The Farm Store is open 7 days a week from 10-5 through April and Wednesday-Saturday 10-6 and Sunday-Tuesday 10-5 March-December
● Candidates must be available to work Saturday and Sunday
● Able to lift 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time
● Present a professional, clean, warm and approachable appearance
● Excellent verbal communication skills
● Must be able to follow directions, work efficiently and work in a team environment
● Must be reliable, punctual and have reliable transportation
● Basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures
● Detail oriented, organized, and thorough
Duties and Responsibilities
● Totaling merchandise sales, accepting payment and making change for customers
● Wrap or bag merchandise for customers
● Answers customer questions in a friendly, polite and helpful manner
● Answering the phone
● Tidying merchandise on shelves, counters or tables
● Mark or tag prices on merchandise
● Presentation of product; facing and filling product
● Maintain cleanliness and organization inside and outside the store
● Attention to expired stock and properly discard outdated or spoiled items pursuant to The Farm Store standards
● Clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, scales, cases, cooler, etc.)
● Keep floors free of spills or water, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping
● Follows all safety practices and procedures
● Other related duties as assigned
Skills and competencies
● Excellent customer service skills including helping customers with questions about plants, produce and the farm
● Retail experience and an interest in organic food, cooking and gardening are preferred
● Starting hourly wage: $10.75 plus free and discounted produce and flowers
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Send a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications, resume and three references to The Farm Store manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put the position title in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please do not call or come by Fry Family Farm. Please do not inquire at Fry Family Farm market booths.
Fry Family Farm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We look forward to hearing from you!