Fry Family Farm is hiring for Farmers Market/Plant Nursery Assistant
The Farm Store at Fry Family Farm
Farmers Market - Plant Nursery Full-Time
Starting: April 1st
About Fry Family Farm
Fry Family Farm is a diversified organic vegetable farm providing healthy food, flowers and plant starts for the community.
The seasonal Fry Family Farm Booth serves as the hub of the farm from March to November, and each year we assemble an awesome team to sell our vegetables, guide and educate our community. Fry Family Farm market staff possess an interest in sustainable agriculture, local organic food, and/or cooking. As a point of contact for Fry Family Farm, our staff is trained about the farm's many offerings, in order to communicate with customers. Great customer service skills, an ability to work quickly and efficiently, and a good communication skills are also very important for this position. This position has the opportunity to also work in The Farm Store and our certified organic plant nursery.
The Fry Family Farm booth features local seasonal organic vegetables, fruits, plants, and flowers. We also offer items from The Farm Store like pies, baked goods, jams, specialty sauces, pickled vegetables and fermented items.
The market is open from March until November.
● Candidates must be available to work Saturday and Sunday
● Have a valid Driver's license and willing to drive box truck to and from markets
● Able to lift 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time
● Present a professional, clean, warm and approachable appearance
● Excellent verbal communication skills, make small talk and Smile
● Must be able to follow directions, work efficiently and work in a team environment
● Must be reliable, punctual and have reliable transportation
● Basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures
● Able to make change and use digital scale
● Detail oriented, organized, and thorough
● Stand on feet for 8 hours
Duties and Responsibilities
● Load box truck with all plants, produce and flowers
● Drive box truck one or both ways to market and meet market staff at market
● Set up stand with tables, bins, boxes, displays stands and signs
● Totaling merchandise sales, accepting payment and making change for customers
● Wrap or bag merchandise for customers
● Answers customer questions in a friendly, polite and helpful manner
● Tidying merchandise on shelves, counters or tables
● Mark or tag prices on merchandise
● Presentation of product; facing and filling product and restock quickly
● Maintain cleanliness and organization
● Keep ground free of spills or water, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping
● Take apart display, load everything back into the truck in a clean and organized fashion
● When returning truck unload all items
● Follows all safety practices and procedures
● Other related duties as assigned
Skills and competencies
● Excellent customer service skills including helping customers with questions about plants, produce and the farm
● Retail experience and an interest in organic food, cooking and gardening are preferred
● Starting hourly wage: $11-$13 plus free and discounted produce and flowers
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Send a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications, resume and three references to The Farm Store manager.
Please put the position title in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please do not call or come by Fry Family Farm. Please do not inquire at Fry Family Farm market booths.
Fry Family Farm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We look forward to hearing from you!