Don’t Panic, It’s ORGANIC!!!
Top 10 Reasons Why it Really Matters…
- Organic foods never contain artificial preservatives or colors, protecting your family from chemical additives.
- Organic fruit has been shown to have higher anti-oxidant levels than conventional fruits.Studies show that on average organic food contains more vitamins and minerals than non-organic. This is because plants grow in a naturally nutrient-rich soil.
- EPA Estimates 10,000- 20,000 physician diagnosed pesticide illnesses and injuries per year in farm workers.
- Genetic engineering, cloning and irradiation are prohibited in organic production and processing.
- Organic production is based on a system of farming that maintains and replenishes soil fertility, thus ensuring a bountiful harvest for years to come.
- Infants and children are especially vulnerable to the harmful effects of pesticides, which can include cancer and nerve damage.
- Personal and environmental health are inseparable, buying organic is an investment in the bigger picture!
- Over 86 per cent of the public say that they do not want any leftover pesticides in their food. Government tests suggest that one in every four items of food you buy contains traces of pesticides. 150 of the commonly used pesticides are potentially cancer causing. Some cannot be washed off.
- Non-organic chemical farming methods can speed up growth rates which can change the structure of a plant – resulting in the plant containing more water. Is that a good thing? No because it means the plant will contain less nutrients. In other words when you buy organic produce you get more carrot for your carrot.
- Genetically modified ingredients are also banned under organic standards. There is mounting evidence to suggest that there are many health problems resulting from this random science. Eating organic food is the only way you can be sure that your food or drink doesn’t contain these ingredients.